Markham Peoples Community Church (“MPCC”) is a growing, multi-ethnic, and intergenerational church located in the City of Markham, Ontario. We are looking for a passionate full-time Children’s Ministry Pastor to lead our dynamic Children’s Ministry. Our desire is to offer holistic care to the family, not only focusing on the spiritual growth of the children, but striving to equip and empower parents to make disciples in their own homes.
- Mature Christ follower who has a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ
- A love for people with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills – able to mentor and equip others
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from an accredited Bible College/University
- Previous experience in children’s ministry or equivalent is desirable
- Fully embrace the mission, vision, and values of MPCC
- Proficiency in English
- Participate in preaching and teaching the Word of God to children and occasionally the greater church body through sermons, Bible studies, workshops and other learning opportunities
- Oversee all programs and ministries for children from new born to grade 6, including but not limited to: Sunday Worship, Sunday School, Awana Clubs, Vacation Bible School, special events, etc.
- Develop and implement annual Children’s Ministry plan that is consistent with the mission, vision, and values of MPCC
- Develop and manage Children’s Ministry budget and resources that align with ministry plans
- Recruit, develop, coach and disciple ministry team leaders and volunteers
- Choose and implement curriculum for all classes
- Be available to counsel and pray with children and their parents regarding spiritual matters
- Plan and implement strategies to connect and communicate with parents on a regular basis (i.e. focus groups, information sessions, newsletters, etc.)
- Equip and train parents to disciple their children
- Work cohesively with other pastors to explore and implement Family Ministry
- Oversee the implementation of the Plan to Protect® program
- Plan and implement outreach events for children
- Partner and collaborate with Markham Wesley Centre to minister to children and families
- Oversee intentional transitions and partnerships with the Youth Ministry
- Report to and work under the guidance of the Senior Pastor
- Work with other pastoral staff in planning and implementing events and general church programs
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter, resume, and personal testimony to: email@example.com.
Posting will remain active until filled. Only applicants who are being considered for this position will be contacted for follow-up.